Ashes and Snow, That is the silly title for a pretentious art exhibit opening I went to last night. Besides the crowd, really bad wine, freezing conditions, and mediocre art, the architecture was amazing.
As NYC visit says,
"They will be displayed in the Nomadic Museum, a 45,000-square-foot temporary structure designed by renowned architect Shigeru Ban and hosted by the Hudson River Parks Pier 54, between 12th and 13th Streets. The first of its kind in the world, the Nomadic Museum building will be composed largely of recyclable and reusable materialsused shipping containers for the walls and paper tubing for the roof and columnsdemonstrating sustainable practices and an innovative architectural approach within a post-industrial environment."
blah blah blah - look, it's cool.
The lighting was good...
"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.
- ► 2007 (29)
- ► 2006 (101)
- when I have a travel book...
- I have these journal entries that are really blog ...
- I knoz you zere zondering:::
- City of lights
- language barrier
- gay pair-ee
- french fries
- Dork stuff.
- Rant and Rave
- good role model
- verb: GHOST - to leave without saying goodbye
- Some folks don't think so good.
- What makes a good tired...
- blogs are funny things... part 5
- "the good times are killing me"
- Martha Stewart, Newsweek, and NBC
- what is white and floats from the sky?
- Journalistic integrity - shmegrity
- I almost copy that
- new camera! almost...
- Saddest bet ever.
- ▼ March (29)