this will be a growing list...
American - "Is it an american in there?" - visiting the unknown soldier's grave under the arc de triomphe.
Parisian - "it is good for 24 hours."
American - "so, is it good for a day?"
American - "that's the first black person I've seen in a painting."
Parisian -"do you spell 'booth' B - double ooo - T - H ?"
American - "No, it's B - O - O -T - H"
American - "So, Antwan - that's french for Anthony, right?" ... "What is French for 'Stacey'"
Parisian - "Stacey."
American - "a lot of people here still speak french even though it's a hotel."
"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.
- ► 2007 (29)
- ► 2006 (101)
- when I have a travel book...
- I have these journal entries that are really blog ...
- I knoz you zere zondering:::
- City of lights
- language barrier
- gay pair-ee
- french fries
- Dork stuff.
- Rant and Rave
- good role model
- verb: GHOST - to leave without saying goodbye
- Some folks don't think so good.
- What makes a good tired...
- blogs are funny things... part 5
- "the good times are killing me"
- Martha Stewart, Newsweek, and NBC
- what is white and floats from the sky?
- Journalistic integrity - shmegrity
- I almost copy that
- new camera! almost...
- Saddest bet ever.
- ▼ March (29)