"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Celebrity/bum

On my way home tonight I saw the stars. It was one of the hardest days of physical labor I've had. 3 Flights, Plaster, 50 pound bags. I was prewarned (forewarned? ... isn't that all the same as "warned" - isn't a warning by necessity before the fact... anyway) I was very dirty.

I love watching peoples reactions on the subway - conscious or not. Of the four people I was working with, three of them had their masters. They may have been more dirty than me. I don't so much put on clothing as put on costumes. Work clothes, party clothes, suits, beards... Did you know that people make more room for you on the subway if you are wearing a suit? They do.

I love the city, where else can you sit next to a celebrity/bum and not have a clue.

No comments: