"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Things that make you go hmmm...

I went to the march for women's lives and I was trying to reach my friends at the march via cell phone, unsuccessfully.

Now, this is the same phone that worked during the blackout. I was the only person I know who had service for the whole night - I let other people use the phone to call friends and family. I was told that this was because I have a "non-new york number". Probably.

Now I read something that makes me think that my phone problems were not just because there were 1.15 million people around.

In preparation for the inauguration,
"high-tech surveillance equipment, jamming equipment is being used that would prevent or delay the use of a mobile phone or remote control from setting off an explosive device."

hmmm... maybe that's why my phone and others' didn't work that day.

march

No comments: