I'm pretty sure everyone knows Katie talked about sex with teens. Now for the... facts?
SUMMARY TABLE: What teens believe constitutes sex
Kissing someone romantically 12%
Touching someone's genitals or private parts [sex] 45%
Oral sex 77%
Sexual intercourse 91%
what? wait... so... kissing someone - 12% think is sex. oooohhhh kayyyy.
BUT, how do only 91% think that sexual intercourse is sex... what do the other 9% think??? ummm... "listen, these "birds" hang out with the "bees"..." what? what?
" More than half (54%) of American teens maintain that teens who only engage in oral sex are still virgins."
wait... how is that different then above? you mean 77% think oral is sex - and then 46% think having oral sex loses your virginity... SO 31% don't think having sex is related to losing your virginity.
"Engaging in oral sex is more common among 15 to 16 year-olds (19%) than 13 to 14 year-olds (4%). " --wow who'd a thunk.
so - moral of the story, the internet is not showing enough porn.
that or parents should be honest with their kids - the earlier the better.
Don't worry, I'll be too busy soon for the kid themed entries.
"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.
- ► 2007 (29)
- ► 2006 (101)
- shoot, where is it?
- gimme more.
- ... and a good time was had by all.
- Katie Couric, you dirty girl.
- I thought I was being original...
- worst post ever.
- Response that got a bit too long, so here.
- Couple things before Yoga.
- Women can't drive and fingers are gay.
- I may feel better if we were in a Tom Clancy novel...
- room fer rent.
- Things that make you go hmmm...
- Is it all or nothing?
- blogs are funny things.
- My Trapeze Teacher... is going to Sri Lanka...
- End of work.
- start of work
- HAS to be a movie
- F.I.G.s (what do you like in a girl?)
- Gilligan's Island
- ▼ January (28)