"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Grave circumstances

I'm at home in Minnesota for a few hours before boarding the train, just saying hi, before my internet absence.

I saw this photo, and besides the ... oddness/sadness? of the article, it was weird seeing my first and middle name on a tombstone... oh, and I have to wait until I come back to see 6 feet under, so don't tell me what happened.

"Unlike earlier wars, nearly all Arlington National Cemetery gravestones for troops killed in Iraq or Afghanistan are inscribed with the slogan-like operation names the Pentagon selected to promote public support for the conflicts."


tah tah, for now.

No comments: