"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Wee Man

I've realized that the more I post, the more people read... amazing.

I met a procussionist from Argentina last night. I told him that I was going to Buenos Aires on Sunday and asked him if there was anything look out for, see, or do.

He thought for a moment and said, "Wee Man".

I thought, hmmm - that guy from Jackass that kicks himself in the head... so, I do what I always do when I don't quite know what people are talking about. I repeated "Wee man". Then I understood. I often pick up accents of people I am talking with. "Yes, Argintine women are spectacular". He is a funny dude.

I think I am going to like it down there.

If anyone has a link to that disney parrot that traveled to brazil and argintina in that '50s cartoon - I would love that.

oooo, found it -

As a Disney oddity, they don't get much odder than Three Caballeros. Donald Duck receives a birthday package from South America, and the film proceeds to unravel like some peyote-induced hallucination. It starts out reminiscent of other Disney films, where shorts are cobbled together, such as "Make Mine Music" or "Fun and Fancy Free." The film has vignettes such as "The Cold-Blooded Penguin" and "The Flying Guachito." After them it careens straight into part-travelogue, part-stream-of-consciousness animation. Not helping out much are Donald's "friends," Joe Carioca (a parrot) and Panchito (a rooster). They spend most of the rest of the film watching Donald chase skirt. That's right, Donald Duck is a wolf in this movie, and he chases every live-action seƱorita who bustles across the screen. Although some will say otherwise, Caballeros is for die-hard Disney, Donald, or psychedelia fans only. --Keith Simanton




I want that for my birthday.

No comments: