"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

oops, missed silence - now it's time for "truth"

**note -this ended up a lot more serious than I thought it would**

Yesterday was the Day of Silence - a way for students to protest the abuses done to the Gay (LGBT... whatever) students. They just don't say anything.

Today is the Day of Truth - a way for students to protest the homosexual agenda. They tell people that they are wrong.

Now, I am all about the whole "may not agree with - but fight to the death to say it" sort of mentality, so go ahead you crazy christians (I say "crazy" because I do believe there are sane christians that are ok with the "homosexual agenda").

I looked into the truth site a bit and found a very good section on, "hostile questions regarding the day of truth". They are actually "valid" questions... but hostile - sure. The one that made everything so clear was the final question and answer. I think it is what summarizes ALL fundamental beliefs - that there is only one truth, and no debate. (the same way one can justify killing by saying, " "Because I believe that abortion is murder, I also believe that force is justified ... in an attempt to stop it," he wrote, "whether these agents of the government are armed or otherwise they are legitimate targets in the war to end this holocaust."" - coming from Eric Rudolph, crazy christian)

anyway here is your crazy statement;

"How do you know your “truth” is the absolute truth? Isn’t truth a relative term?
Jesus Christ said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In over one hundred passages in the four gospel accounts of Christ’s life, He either begins with the phrase, “I tell you the truth…” or identifies Himself as the source of revealed truth. As Christians, this provides us with the assurance that Christ is the one and only source of Truth of God.

When there is no standard for truth - when truth means different things to different people - the consequences can be tragic. Most people would agree that the commandment from God, “Thou shalt not kill” is truth. But what happens if someone rejects that as truth, and their “truth” allows them to engage in the killing of innocent human beings? We are simply pointing to what our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, recognize: that there are absolute truths, and that such truth comes from our Creator, God."
----

"When there is no standard for truth - when truth means different things to different people - the consequences can be tragic"... yes, but more tragic is the end of learning, education, freedom, and the complete fear in "the only truth". If this was true - Galileo would still be in trouble and the earth would still be flat. THE EARTH WOULD BE FLAT - That was the TRUTH given to the people by the church.

The earth would be flat. I rest my case.

ok, I don't - how about that whole, "But what happens if someone rejects that as truth, and their “truth” allows them to engage in the killing of innocent human beings?" who decides who is "innocent" - because if I am reading this right, than "innocent" is the only difference between war (which side is good), Eric Rudolph, abortion, and capital punishment.

Who chooses the innocent? God? good - let's say it is God - then leave it up to God. You shouldn't kill anyone because you cannot see the innocent - let alone the truth. How about this: God = Truth. We can all try to be like God, and were made in His image, and we must strive to be more Godlike... then yes, we must all strive for the truth and question, and look, and work, we must look for the truth in everything, truthfulness = faith. Religion = search for truth.

I am religious because I seek the truth and question everything.


... alright I walked away from this entry and then I realized I don't want it to sound like I don't believe in anything - I do. There are things that I don't understand that I believe in - there is room for faith, I guess I just don't know how to catagorize the things in which I believe that don't have material substance. This was just a statement on how I feel right now, right here, always changing - maybe that's it - I am always changing and it upsets me when there isn't room for change and growth.

.sigh.

No comments: