"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

funds and cabs

I braved the trip to Manhattan. It was a lot easier than I though, I got to the Williamsburg bridge and a random guy offered me a ride on the nearly empty streets to a block from my location. 9 pm.

My final destination was the living room. I'm a big fan. I went to see a friend play at an Eliott Smith tribute / fundraiser. The fundraiser was for the Jennifer Falkenstern Medical Fund. She needs a bone marrow transplant and the fund is to try and help with the costs.

I once was sent information to be tested to be a bone marrow donor. I didn't follow through because I was too busy. I feel really bad about that. I'll make sure to get back on the list.

I normally would have gone home after this very nice concert... but my friends don't party lightly.

This is when the molestation started. they came from everywhere.... crossed streets slowed down to watch us pass, three, four at a time would all stop for us.

Cabs.

Empty cabs - everywhere.

This went on until 4 or 5 in the morning - it was an infestation of empty cabs, walking one block in the east village would allow at least 8 available cab sightings. It was amazing, legendary even. It may never happen again, but last night was the best cab weather in NYC ever. I didn't know there were that many cabs in the city.

I felt dirty.

No comments: