"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

observations

suits. most men wear suits, or at least jackets. They don't fit. not like hand-me-downs - I thought that's what they were. nope. I passed a store and the maniquins in the window had mis-fitting suits. weird. big shoulder pads.

english. they all speak it. I just wasn't expecting that.

mutatu. they are 14 passenger vans to large busses. they all have themes. "rock and roll" "jesus", and many odd odd ones. I've heard they have a Minnesota Vikings one. Everyone is packed inside, there is a driver and someone who collects the cost (about 25 cents US) and they zig zag through trafic. They are confused why we in the states don't have mutatus. I say we have busses and subways. I ddon't explain that in the suburbs most everyone has a car.

No comments: