"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Rant

Rant 1 -
remember my car? Yeah, well part of it was covered by insurance, now... on the other side of the car my mirror fell off completely on its own. This was followed by a resident of Greenpoint bashing it off of the side of my car. It now matches the other side -

car sideview

I thought to myself, "Myself? That can't cost much, it's a mirror!" A $120 mirror.

That is only for the MIRROR. The whole thing to be repaired - $420.

The entire SIDE of my car cost 2,000 dollars... a mirror.

car accident
------------------
Rant 2
My Broker, today, reminded me of this one-

The number 13. Deal with it.

Why do buildings not have them... 14 is still the 13th floor, unless there is a "ground" floor, then it changes a little. Who cares. Deal with it.

"Symptoms of Fear Of 13:
( Triskaidekaphobia)
breathlessness, excessive sweating, nausea, dry mouth, shaking, heart palpitations, inability to speak or think clearly, a fear of becoming mad or losing control, a sensation of detachment from reality or a full blown anxiety attack."-

what?

what what?

now... I understand if it is Arachnophobia, "Fear of Spiders. Half of women and 10 per cent of men have, to some degree, a fear of spiders."

Spiders could possibly hurt you, falls can hurt you, even lack of space could, very remotely, hurt you... 13???

Maybe the number 9... Shakespeare and all that, holy trinity times three... whatever.

13 - Deal with it.

----------------------------
Mini Rant 3

Killing people.
Don't DO that.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.

Or just do it well enough where no one can ask questions...

I was going to put links to all of those of different things, of late, that I think are sick... but you know what they are. Preaching - choir, all that, if you want extendo-rant, you can always ask.

Except maybe this one. wow. good one. "(found human remains in a locked, unplugged freezer in a rented storage room)"

-----

ok, now to book my ticket to africa. whew. feel better now.

No comments: