"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Jesus for 23 years.

I just got home from a trip to the 'Cuse with Zero Four.

Background - I have taken on the challenge of building my own theater. It is a wonderful space with a bar, cafe, performance area for theater or music, offices, and everyone gets paid - in my head... so, I went to Syracuse to look at a theater that is being evicted. It was beautiful and has everything we need - in my head... in reality it was really old with lots and lots of shit, everywhere. The seats looked fun, light board is do-able, and the costumes are amazing. Now I have to make an offer and figure out where and when to move it all.

The guy who runs the theater has been doing it for over 40 years, and 30 in the same building. Zero Four and I realized that it was like a wife telling her husband that he must sell the bowling lamp from the attic in their garage sale, but he just can't bare to do it.

He goes on to explain that they have done "Jesus Christ Superstar" for 29 years in a row. The same guy played Jesus for 23 years, with a one year sabbatical.

And they wonder why they didn't have money to make repairs.

No comments: