"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Good Sister, Bad Brother.

Once upon a time, my sister came out to visit me at college. This was before cell phones were widely accepted. I was told when she was coming by my mother. Somehow I got the date and time PM and AM messed up... don't know where the fault was, doesn't matter.

I went to a cast party. I got home, late, but still early enough so that I could get some sleep to pick up my sister in the morning. on my answering machine I found a few frantic messages from my mother and sister. She had been waiting for many hours at the airport.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. I had planned an internet blitz - a full onslaught of birthday wishes. I wanted it to be in the middle of the day. I took a nap. I forgot.

My sister is a great human, and even better sister. I'm sorry for late birthday wishes, Pondie. Please forgive me.

Happy Birthday.

dance baby

1 comment:

Pondie said...

i feel like i just went on a cyber space birthday tour... you are forgiven... thank you...