"I copy that" is walkie-talkie talk for - I understand, will do, gotcha, ok, alright, yup, uh-huh, and much more depending on the inflection of the voice.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Reverend Billy

REQUIEM

The crucified planet Earth
should it find a voice
and a sense of irony,
might now well say
of our abuse of it,
'Forgive them, Father.
They know not what they do.'

The irony would be
that we know what
we are doing.

When the last living thing
has died on account of us,
how poetical it would be
if Earth could say,
in a voice floating up
perhaps
from the floor of the Grand Canyon,
'It is done.'
People did not like it here.

Kurt Vonnegut

- this is what Kurt was supposed to say but he wasn't feeling well and had to leave early from the Reverend Billy service. I introduced myself and told him I was a big fan of his work and shook his hand, he thanked me.

The Service was... highly entertaining, and made me hate walmart because of the catchy anti-walmart songs. I'll get some video up soon.

Rev Billy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt Vonnegut left me a message at work. It is saved on my voice mail.

I would give you his phone number, but he communicates with outsiders via fax.

chad said...

of course he uses a fax for communication, of course.